Thunder Bay, Ontario: Benton Resources Inc. (TSXV: BEX) (“Benton” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce that it has executed option agreements to sell two non-core projects and, in addition, would like to provide an exploration update on its ongoing work at the recently acquired Bedivere gold project.
The Company has, subject to regulatory approval, executed an option agreement with Sokoman Iron Corp. (“Sokoman”) on the Company’s Alder East property consisting of a single licence, containing 20 units, located in central Newfoundland. Under the terms of the option agreement, Sokoman will have the option to earn a 100% interest in the Alder East property under the following terms:
- Paying Benton $1,500 cash and issuing 1 million shares of Sokoman upon signing, acceptance and approval by the TSX Venture Exchange;
- Issuing 500,000 shares to Benton on the first anniversary of the option agreement;
- Issuing 500,000 shares to Benton on second anniversary of the option agreement;
- Benton will retain a 2% NSR on the Alder East project with Sokoman having the option to buy-back 1% for $1 million;
- Sokoman agrees to keep ground in good standing throughout the option period and if returned to Benton it is returned with at least 6 months of assessment credit;
- Paying Benton $100,000 in cash, shares or a combination of cash and shares upon completion of a NI 43-101 compliant mineral resource;
- Paying Benton $200,000 in cash, shares or a combination of cash and shares upon completion of a pre-feasibility study; and
- Paying Benton $300,000 in cash, shares or a combination of cash and shares upon completion of a final/full/bankable feasibility.
In addition, the Company has, subject to regulatory approval, executed an option agreement with White Metal Resources Corp. (“White Metal”) on the Company’s Shebandowan project which consists of 135 units in 12 claims in the Burchell Lake, Greenwater Lake and Kashabowie Lake areas in the Thunder Bay mining district. White Metal will have the option to earn a 100% interest in the Shebandowan property under the following terms:
- Paying Benton $15,000 cash and issuing 200,000 shares of White Metal on signing, acceptance and approval by the TSX Venture Exchange;
- Benton will retain a 2% NSR on the Shebandowan property with White Metal having the option to buy-back 1% for $1 million;
- White Metal agrees to keep all claims in good standing and should White Metal elect to drop any claims contained within the option agreement, they will do so with at least 6 months of assessment credit; and
- Paying Benton $500,000 in cash, shares or a combination of cash and shares at White Metal’s election upon completion of a NI 43-101 compliant resource on any claims contained within the option agreement.
Finally, the Company would like to update shareholders on ongoing exploration efforts at the Company’s recently acquired Bedivere Lake gold project (See Benton PR’s dated November 1, 2016 and December 7, 2016). Benton has now completed an airborne magnetic survey encompassing approximately 460 line-kilometres and is currently reviewing the interpretation of the data from this survey. In addition, the Company is currently conducting a soil geochemistry sampling program for the entire 7-8 km long structure within the property. Initial soil sampling results have returned assay grades ranging from trace to as high as 2,160 ppb Au along the quartz-related system for approximately 200m before losing the system under swamp. The Company has applied for 2017 trenching and drilling permits.
About Benton Resources Inc. (TSXV: BEX)
Benton Resources Inc is a well-funded Canadian-based junior with a diversified property portfolio in Gold-Silver, Nickel, Copper, and Platinum group elements.
Clinton Barr (P.Geo.), V.P. Exploration for Benton Resources Inc., is the qualified person responsible for this release and has prepared, supervised and approved the preparation of the scientific and technical disclosure contained within the release.
On behalf of the Board of Directors of Benton Resources Inc.,
Stephen Stares, President
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
The information contained herein contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of applicable securities legislation. Forward-looking statements relate to information that is based on assumptions of management, forecasts of future results, and estimates of amounts not yet determinable. Any statements that express predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, assumptions or future events or performance are not statements of historical fact and may be "forward-looking statements."
Forward-looking statements are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual events or results to differ from those reflected in the forward-looking statements, including, without limitation: risks related to failure to obtain adequate financing on a timely basis and on acceptable terms; risks related to the outcome of legal proceedings; political and regulatory risks associated with mining and exploration; risks related to the maintenance of stock exchange listings; risks related to environmental regulation and liability; the potential for delays in exploration or development activities or the completion of feasibility studies; the uncertainty of profitability; risks and uncertainties relating to the interpretation of drill results, the geology, grade and continuity of mineral deposits; risks related to the inherent uncertainty of production and cost estimates and the potential for unexpected costs and expenses; results of prefeasibility and feasibility studies, and the possibility that future exploration, development or mining results will not be consistent with the Company's expectations; risks related to gold price and other commodity price fluctuations; and other risks and uncertainties related to the Company's prospects, properties and business detailed elsewhere in the Company’s disclosure record. Should one or more of these risks and uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described in forward-looking statements. Investors are cautioned against attributing undue certainty to forward-looking statements. These forward looking statements are made as of the date hereof and the Company does not assume any obligation to update or revise them to reflect new events or circumstances. Actual events or results could differ materially from the Company’s expectations or projections
For further information contact Stephen Stares @:
684 Squier Street,
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 4A8
Renmark Financial Communications Inc.
Bettina Filippone: renmarkfinancial%23com|bfilippone
Tel.: (416) 644-2020 or (514) 939-3989